Sunday, June 26, 2011

Kick back and relax!

Summer is here! For those of us living in the Middle East this means scorching temperatures of up to 50C or 122F! So tomorrow I'm off to cooler climes. I'm looking forward to seeing some wonderful African sights, green trees, long grass and of course my family.


I've packed a case filled with canvas paper, water-colour pads, tubes of paint and my sketch book. I aim to kick back and relax and enjoy the sunny African wintery days. I had hoped to finish a couple of paintings before I left, but I will have to hibernate them until I return. Some things you just can't fit in a suitcase. The one above I have for now called 'Guitar'. It was inevitable that I would eventually  paint one as I love music and I love to play the guitar. I began the painting aptly with the lyrics of a song written over the canvas.



The other painting I started is called 'River of Life'. It's still very much a work in progress. I enjoy the whole process from start to finish of painting. I love it when I begin and the painting starts to take on a life of its own. However, I will also have to push pause for this one until I return to Doha.



I will try to post a couple of blogs whilst I'm in Zambia highlighting what inspires me while I'm there. Happy holidays to those of you fortunate to be able to take a break over the next couple of months.

1 comment:

Christine Krauss said...

I love both your guitar and river painting Louise. So full of life and color and they cause me to drift off to dreamy places. I wish you a beautiful summer filled with relaxing days and the joy of seeing your family. I'm so glad you can retreat to where cooler climates await. Safe journey and blessings. Hugs, Christine xxx