Monday, June 13, 2011

Play time!



This week has been a very relaxed week creatively. I've been working on a couple of projects for friends and family. So I've been able to play around a bit. I've never really done 'warm up' exercises for painting before; but after hearing that various artists do this ie Robert Burridge http://www.robertburridge.blogspot.com/  I decided to try it out. I discovered that it definitely adds a different, rather enjoyable, dynamic to the whole creative experience. I add a lot of mosaic work to my pieces; I usually prep my own paper for the mosaic work. I use water-colour paper (90lb) and I use either soft (chalk) pastels or acrylic, or most times I'll use a mixture of both.


 With the discovery of the sheer delight of a 'warm up' time, I find that I'm able to build up a stock of 'mosaic' paper quite by accident.


It's more like a play time than an 'exercise' which I find extremely liberating as I approach the 'work' I need to get finished for the day.







 The knowledge that I'll get to 'play, play, play' encourages me  to get started and keep going...





I was reminded of this clip from the movie "Over the Hedge". Enjoy!




3 comments:

Christine Krauss said...

I LOVE that you are keeping things playful in your art Louise! The exercises are SO liberating I know! Love all your vivid colors and the freedom in what you have painted! Wish we could all have a painting party together and make BIG messes! lol :0) Happy painting to you Louise and thanks for sharing the fun! :0) xxx <3

Louise said...

Thanks Christine; it would be amazing to gave a 'painting party' together ;)

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.