Saturday, May 21, 2011

Enjoy the Ride!

Me when I was 6, enjoying the ride!
Relax, have fun and enjoy the ride!...this is my newfound  approach to life thanks to my teacher and mentor Wyanne Thompson. I continue to be amazed at the world in which we live where one can take a course online and feel like one is right there with whoever's taking the class. That's what its been like taking classes with Wyanne. I've also met fellow artists along the way who have constantly spurred me on. My son often says to me "mom, you don't even know these people" but he's wrong; I have met people continents away and I feel like I do know them. I think when you're journeying together, taking classes together, you expose yourself by sharing your creativity; by sharing your art you share a deep side of yourself with others. It's an amazing process and I have grown along the way. Who knows, maybe I'll actually travel and meet my friends face to face. What an adventure. I have been spurred on to do things I never would have dreamed possible. This week I have the privilege of hosting, together with a few friends, an Arts display at the church I go to. Here in Doha, there are very few opportunities for emerging artists to show their passion and talent to the world out there. I'm excited, and nervous, as the day looms closer. It's a first for me, and a first for many of the artists I'll be exhibiting with. I  just have to keep reminding myself to "relax,  have fun and enjoy the ride!".

12 comments:

Christine Krauss said...

Hi Louise! I loved 'enjoying the ride' with you and I loved seeing you at work in your studio! The new painting is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors you have chosen and your subject matter. Wonderful! I wish you the very best with the art display at your church. Exciting times and I hope you enjoy the thrill of the ride. You have said what so many of us feel, and I'm just happy that I have had the opportunity to meet you on our shared journey in painting:0) Happy painting to you now and always. :0) xxx

Louise said...

Thanks so much Christine :)

Unknown said...

So cute on your bike Louise! Was that in Bulawayo? Particularly LOVE the Hornbill painting, saw SO many of them in Kruger!

Louise said...

Thanks Kate..yes that's me in BYO, how was your trip?

Wild Azalea said...

You are so right about online communities. I do a scrapbooking challenge three times a year and most of us have been "meeting up" there for a few years now. Ladies from all over the US, Australia, Germany, England, Denmark and probably a few more. We spur each other on to greater creativity. I'm just entering into that experience with art, a lot harder to put that kind of work "out there". Good luck with your show! (she said not to tell, but yes, Wyanne sent me!)

Louise said...

Thanks Wild Azalea; I appreciate your visit :)

Jess said...

Enjoying the ride! What a perfect statement, it describes the feelings in my heart. I am so glad to know you and to be able to feel like we are going through similar experiences - everything is better when you have someone to tell about it! Congrats on having your artwork on display!

Louise said...

Thanks Jess :)

NANCY LEFKO said...

I get the same reaction from my boys sometimes...they don't realize how deeply you can get to "know" the online art friends :)

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Louise said...

That's true! Thanks for stopping by...

Selah Gay said...

The Ride!!! Challenging! Satisfying! Fascinating! Exasperating! and above all.... Exhilarating! Have loved riding The Ride with you Louise! <3

Louise said...

Thanks Selah...what an adventure!