Sunday, May 29, 2011

Creativity Released


This week culminated in the first public showing of my art. What an amazing experience! The show, called 'Divine Art', was a fusion of art, photography, music, poetry and culinary art. I had worked hard, together with a couple of friends and a team of people helping behind the scenes, to host this evening at our church. The goal was to let artists exhibit or display their work and creativity instead of hiding it under the proverbial bush. The effect of this creativity released was awe inspiring. I just stood back and watched for a while, feeling quite moved as I observed people, young and old, from different walks of life "experiencing" our art. And I realised that our art is meant to be shared. I think we underestimate the power of the creative process and our creativity. As the saying goes "a picture speaks a thousand words". I am reminded of the words of Eric Liddell, an Olympic athlete in the 1920's who said "God made me fast, and when I run, I feel His pleasure". I think that part of the excitement of being creative and creating is that when we do we 'feel His pleasure'. 

4 comments:

Christine Krauss said...

Wonderful post Louise! Congratulations on your first showing! Woot! I'm so happy for you! I felt such joy in your post! Thank you indeed for sharing with the world! There is such power in beauty! Your colors are exquisite in these paintings! I adore them! Wishing a bounty of blessings for you on your journey! Hugs, Christine xxx

Louise said...

Thanks Christine, I appreciate your kind words...what a ride we're on:)

CIndy Uhrich said...

Congratulations on your show, Louise! What a great idea to have your church members display all their various talents. I'll bet is was a very fascinating and inspiring show.

Thank you for reading my recent post! The pictures were all of things I have in my studio. I have zillions of odds and ends that stimulate and inspire my creative visions. I just picked those three for fun, to show people the odd ball things that can spark and idea. I didn't make any of them, by the way. The little doll is very old. I found it in an antique store and just liked her. The egg thing is from a gallery. I found it many years ago and thought it was so creative!

Louise said...

Thanks Cindy :) Wow, you must have a fascinating studio; very interesting, thanks...