Friday, May 13, 2011

Living the Dream

I have always loved the adventure of creating. Whether it is through poetry, songwriting, painting or drawing, it is the creative process that keeps me going. My father encouraged this in me from a young age, he was a dreamer and inventor; always creating and making with his hands. He taught me to really look at things through all my senses. My grandmother, an artist herself, also nurtured the young artist within me. Along the way, however, as I focused on music and writing, the drawing-painting artistic side of me was pushed into the background; it was as if that side of me was momentarily slumbering. It took an encouraging prod from my sister to wake me up. So for the last couple of years I have been pushing and shaking the artist within to rise up with confidence. I have a tendency to question my abilities, and as I have faced my fears, I feel like the artist inside has been released like a bird let out of her cage. I have again experienced the joy of getting lost in a world of imagination and creativity. I have been blessed with the opportunity to rediscover myself as an artist. Everyday brings fresh and new ideas. I am grateful to the Master Creator for blessing me with the chance to be all I can be; to live the dream.

12 comments:

Christine Krauss said...

Louise, your works are so gorgeous and so rich in color that they actually make me feel emotional at their viewing! I had never seen anyone do mosaics before so this was an incredible way to be introduced to them! You truly do create this amazing new world with your art, one I long to be a part of! It was such a blessing to have a father that encouraged you from such a tender young age and a sister who brought it to life again in this form of expression! That love and encouragement does amazing things in this life we lead! I am so happy to share in watching your journey!

Selah Gay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Selah Gay said...

Hi Louise! I went to edit my post and actually deleted it! What I was trying to say was, I am loving watching the artist in you rise up and take her rightful place in this Universe! Your mosaics are captivating and invigorate the soul! I love your eye for color and your ability to express your heart through your artworks! I find myself blessed...because You truly are... blessed!

Louise said...

Thank you Christine and Selah for you wonderful, encouraging comments!

CIndy Uhrich said...

You live in such an exotic (to me!) part of the world, Christine and I'm sure it's quite beautiful in it's own, special way. The thing with desert areas, as I know you know, is that you have to look for the small,precious jewels of beauty. The area is so vast and relatively unencumbered that it can be overwhelming. Would love to see some pictures of your area and the jewels I know you uncover every day. I'm so glad you're a part of our Fellowship!

Jessalee said...

Louise, all I have to say is thank goodness your sister gave you that prod! You have such a wonderful way of expressing yourself through your art. There is so much emotion in your work and the way you weave your colors together in your mosaics. I look forward to more, more, more!! :)

Louise said...

Thank you Jessalee and Cindy for your kind comments...yes the desert does have its own special beauty; but at the moment in 120 F heat it's hard to find that beauty...I'm looking forward to our leave time in Africa (Zambia) where it'll be winter :), and greener...

Laurie Jess said...

Keep living your dream! very nice!

Jess said...

I am so glad you have woken up your artist! Doesn't it feel like you are meeting an old friend? Your work captivates and mesmerizes me. I adore your mosaics.

Louise said...

Thank you very much Jess and Laurie :)

KIM ELLERY said...

Beautiful! I love that the bird inside of you has been set free! Now we can all enjoy!!!

Louise said...

Thank you Kim. I'm loving the opportunity of being able to soar:)