Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Catching Up!

Ever feel like you're wishing you could catch up on everything you need to get done? That's how I've been feeling lately. And believe me, it really doesn't let the creative process flow easily! So this morning I decided to start "catching up" on everything I've been wanting to do for a while now. To clear the creative air, so to speak. We moved to a beautiful part of the world, the Midlands in Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa, in January this year. I had thought that with such a beautiful environment the creative juices would easily flow. But somehow life gets in the way. Unpacking all our boxes took about month. And just after that, I badly broke my arm in a car accident. I've had very limited mobility in my left arm since then. Fortunately I'm right handed so I can still paint. But it has slowed me down some. So I thought I'd just post what I've done so far. None of the paintings are finished. A couple are just backgrounds just waiting for inspiration to get finished. I'm determined to get back on track. I've heard of artists who commit themselves to doing one painting, sketch or creative thing a day. Maybe that's just the thing I need to do, so watch this space!

No comments: